How to make cold brew coffee
Here’s a great cold brew recipe for you to try at home What you’ll need: Fresh coffee A jug / french press / Kinto Plug Iced Coffee Jug A fine...Read more
How to make an Aeropress (My Scottish AeroPress championships recipe)
Our top tips for brewing coffee in an Aeropress Grind 14g of coffee on a medium-fine grind Wet the plunger then push the plunger into the end of the...Read more
How to make coffee in a Moka Pot
Our top tips for brewing delicious coffee in a Moka Pot
- Grind your coffee a little coarser than table salt. You will need approx 15-17g of coffee.
- Boil your kettle with fresh water.
- Add your boiled water to the brewing chamber, just up to the fill line.
- Fill the basket with coffee, slightly mounded, and level the surface off with your finger. Brush away loose grounds on the top edge of the filter basket.
- Carefully screw the top of the brewer to the bottom not over-tightening it.
- Place the Moka pot on your stove over a medium heat ensuring the handle is not in any direct heat.
- Keep the lid open and wait for the coffee to extract into the top chamber.
- Once the coffee starts to bubble out of the inner spout and no more liquid emerges carefully take the Moka pot off the heat and run the bottom chamber under a cold tap to stop any further extraction.
- Pour and enjoy.