Our top tips for brewing coffee in an Aeropress using Zach's Scottish AeroPress championships recipe.
- Grind 14g of coffee on a medium-fine grind
- Wet the plunger then push the plunger into the end of the brewing chamber
- Place filter paper into filter chamber and rinse paper with warm water (carefully)
- Place Aeropress on your scale in the inverted position (upside down) and tare scales.
- Add ground coffee to your Aeropress.
- Using freshly boiled water straight off the boil, start a timer, add 60g of water and give a short stir.
- After 30 seconds add another 170g of water, bringing your total water up to 230g
- Leave your Aeropress to brew for 3 minutes
- At the 3 minute mark carefully attach your filter chamber with filter paper
- Hold a mug or vessel on top of your Aeropress and carefully flip over
- Gently push down to extract all the coffee from the Aeropress
- Remove and enjoy.
ABOUT THE AEROPRESS
Other coffee makers drip hot water on to a bed of ground coffee which results in over extracting at the centre and under extracting the flavour from the edges. But the AeroPress brewing system results in uniform extraction for the ultimate in full coffee flavour. The AeroPress comes with full instructions for use; just add your coffee and water!